Top Ten Ways to Organize your Storage Unit
How can you maximize your storage unit? How can you make sure you can access your valuables when you need them? Here are some tips to make your Kimberly Road Storage unit in Twin Falls, Idaho work for you.
- Make sure you rent the right size unit. There are different options at Kimberly Road Storage in Idaho’s Magic Valley that will meet your needs – make sure you choose what will work for you. For example, if you think you may in the future need to bring more of your belongings into storage, make sure you rent a unit that will meet those needs.
- Use Labels. Don’t make your job harder than it needs to be. If you spend a little time labeling your possessions, you will be greatly rewarded when you need to swing by your storage unit to get something. Make sure that your labels are easy to read and that you store your items in a way that the label is visible.
- Use Boxes. You will find that you can fit a lot more of your valuables in a your Kimberly Road Storage unit if you put small items in boxes. Using boxes will also allow you to store similar items together, which will make it easier to find things later.
- Distinguish between short and long term items. You may not expect to use the dresser you inherited from grandma any time soon, but you need the lawn furniture before you know it. So, make sure the dresser goes in first when you are filling your unit up. You don’t want to have to move it out of the way to get to the lawn furniture.
- Use shelves. You will be amazed at how much more you can fit in your Twin Falls, Idaho storage unit with a few high-quality shelves. Using good shelves will allow you stack your items much higher. It will also make retrieving items much easier – you won’t have to move all the boxes on top of you desired box to get what you are after. Shelves will also protect your property and help avoid items from getting crushed.
- Leave an aisle if you can. A good practice if you are storing a lot of smaller items is leave an aisle way if you can. Shelves will, of course, help you with maintaining an aisle. This will help you avoid needing to climb over your stuff to get what you need.
- Disassemble items if possible. You will find that you can store more items in your Kimberly Road Storage unit if you break down furniture and similar items. This may help you to store things upright, using the height of your unit. If have small parts, make sure to put them in a plastic bag and tape them to item you have disassembled. Also, consider whether using a tarp or plastic wrap will protect your property.
- Store items vertically where practical. You will find that you store some items much better it you put them upright. For example, a properly wrapped and protected couch can be stored vertically, which will save you a lot of space.
- Store like items together. This may be obvious, but if you put your lawn furniture on one side and your tools on the other side, it will be much easier to find what you need. It is also likely that you will need similar items at the same time. Storing like items together makes it much easier to keep track of your possessions and access them when needed.
- Make sure you through any trash. And we aren’t just saying this to keep Kimberly Road Storage the best storage unit in Twin Falls, Idaho. Surprisingly, many people forget to through their trash out. If you discard unneeded items, you will be able to store more valuable in your unit. You until will be more organized, and you will have the peace of mind knowing that you are helping us run a tight ship.
We hope these tips help you get that most of your Kimberly Road Storage unit.
Kimberly Road Storage in Twin Falls, Idaho is Magic Valley’s convenient, safe, and affordable storage solution.